Bmp Files

Just wondering if the US verses Europe copies have different bmp numbers. The reason I ask is that one of my favorite modders always has different bmp numbers than what is already in the bmp folder - they should be overwriting the files, but they don't because the numbers don't match.

Hope that makes sense.

I believe the U.S. and Euro games have the same bmp numbers for their vehicles. You might be having a problem with dates/versions.

For example you've got a very impressive number of Stug types in the game, and each Stug should have two bmp allotments, the early war grey or plain yellow vehicles and the late war yellow/camou vehicles. So which German vehicle mod you see all depends on whether the scenario's being fought mid-1941, mid-1943, or early-1945.

I swear, after months of playing I still haven't stumbled across some vehicle types yet.

The European and US versions have the same bmp numbers. If they aren't overwriting, it could be that you are installing winter mods (the game doesn't ship with winter skins, so there is nothing to overwrite) or you are installing CMMOS mods without using cmmos, in which case the bmps have an extra prefix you need to remove.

Are the mods you are trying to install showing up in game?

Joe

I see now - it seems that you've added an extra '6' to the beginning of the bmp file names. Can I ask why, as this makes importing the files much more tedious?

I love your mods - but as it is now, I have to rename every file manually to get it to work.

Sorry to complain for something that you obviously spent alot of time doing.

The 6 or 5 at the front is what makes it a winter mod. It doesn't need renaming. If you remove the 5 or 6, the winter mod will be shown all the time. If you leave it as it is, they will only be shown when there is snow on the ground.

Honestly, my winter mods (if thats what you are referring to) don't need renaming. Just copy them as is into the bmp folder, make sure there is snow on the ground, and if the year is right (i.e pre 1943 for grey armour and post 1943 for yellow armour) and they should show up

Joe