Is there anyway to run a game with 2 AI players, so that you can just sit back and watch the battle play out?

I thought this could be a handy tool for quickly play testing newly created scenarios to before you play them against Human players.

Oh happy times playing Steel Panthers, especially SP 3. Buy huge ammounts of troops for both sides select AI player for both sides and sit back, or more accurately pop downstairs do something else and periodically visit the scene of battle. I especially liked the wave like way infantry moved, quite relaxing to watch. On a more serious note, when designing scenarios it did allow obvious mistakes to be corrected, especially when you fiddled around with the fire power toughness ratios. Shame some of the developers of the games scenarios had seemingly not used the feature. As my friend said, after playing the criminally inaccurate "Goose Green" in SP2, "I though I was playing a remake of the bloody Somme!"

Yeah I used to do the same thing with SP3.

Its a real shame this option is not available for Combat Mission.

You can set up huge battles, even bigger battles than I have time to play...and watch the AI battle it out!! in less than half the time!

An old request from my side is that the FOW off shouldn't include the AI. As a scenario designer it could be a wonderful tool to study the AI minute for minute. Now the AI see you as well :(

[ May 13, 2008, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Sgt AA ]