Hey BF.C, Are you guys going to use the .BMP style of graphics in CMII engine?

I can't imagine why BTS/BFC would want to 'hard code' the textures. It would make no sense to do such a thing (other than 'compressing' their size) plus it would make the executable a monstrously sized beast - something you wouldn't want to do when it comes to patches (this is assuming that the only way to really 'hard code' the textures would be to encrypt them within the executable).

The 3D models and data will probably continue to be hard coded, while the textures (that don't have any 'data' effect on the game) will probably continue to remain separate and moddable files.

They must be crazy, if they will be making modding impossible.

I can imagine, even the opposite will happen (and so i hope):

the program will be able to handle much more textures/sounds and uses them if they are available. If not, the standard-textures/sounds are used (like with the winter-textures).

That would allow BFC to save a lot of labour and development costs because they would only need to include the real necessary textures/sounds and make the game in long terms even greater.

A greater game and saving costs.

We have a lot of ideas on the table about how textures will be handled in CMX2 but NONE of them would keep people from being able to mod.

If anything we are going to try and make the new engine MORE mod friendly, not less.

We love mods, we use mods, hell without mods Fernando, Dan and myself probably would have never gotten hired. We haven't forgotten what Mods mean to CM and would not do something which would eliminate modding. ;)

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

We have a lot of ideas on the table about how textures will be handled in CMX2 but NONE of them would keep people from being able to mod.

If anything we are going to try and make the new engine MORE mod friendly, not less.

We love mods, we use mods, hell without mods Fernando, Dan and myself probably would have never gotten hired. We haven't forgotten what Mods mean to CM and would not do something which would eliminate modding. ;)

Madmatt

OUTSTANDING!!!