Quick Question for you CMBB'ers

Not having the game yet I was curious if BFC ever modelled the tank turrets to pivot separate from the hull? Example: Hull facing North and you want the turrent to swing to the west expecting an enemy unit to appear but you don't want the hull to turn in case maybe you want to continue moving North. I think that's clear? :D

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Not having the game yet I was curious if BFC ever modelled the tank turrets to pivot separate from the hull? Example: Hull facing North and you want the turrent to swing to the west expecting an enemy unit to appear but you don't want the hull to turn in case maybe you want to continue moving North. I think that's clear? :D

no problem

there is a cover arc command ( two commands actually i) cover arc Armour and ii) cover arc everything else)

it WORKS GREAT!

you can point the turret anywhere you want to cover any angle irrespective of the hull facing position

its NO PROBLEM in CMBB

-tom w

You can control where the turret is facing but the TacAI may decide on its own to turn the hull towards a threat.

That can be super-annoying when the bloody thing is on a road and turning so that you cannot reverse along the road the next turn without doing the super-slow rotate first or going through the vegetables.

[ June 13, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Thanks for the replys gentleman, may I call you gentleman?, :D no really thanks. Well, zukkov my friend I will tell you why I don't already have the game. smile.gif At first I didn't buy it because I wanted the done deal. In other words I didn't want all the bugs ( that drives me crazy ) so I thought I'd wait. Now remember I was just as excited as everybody else about this new game coming out and while I'm not that crazy about the Russian Front I do love tanks and the Russian's did have some pretty cool ones. Anyway, then the first patch came out and still I waited until the final one to get out. I am patient if nothing else. OK, now all the patches are out so I'm hearing all this negative stuff about the game and at the same time really discovered Pbem's for the first time and fell in love all over again with the game ( CMBO ). Now we hear about CMAK and I think well hell no reason to buy CMBB now since another Western Front is going to be here in no time and I'd just get started and involved in CMBB and have to switch over again, so that's the story. It's not like I don't have the $50.00 and at times I felt like I should send in my money anyway just to support BFC but hey what's $50 bucks to them anyway so I didn't. Now saying that and sitting here typing all this down I guess I realize the real reason I don't is I love using the American stuff and just wouldn't enjoy the Eastern Front that much. Call me silly but there you have it. I do miss all the talk, conversation, excitment, mods and scenario's and such that this CMBB game has brought but just couldn't tear myself away from CMBO. I hope this answers your question? :D and again appreciate the reply.

You know something Hannson, you are correct. Hmmm, let me think about that. It'll take what, 6 months for the patches for CMAK to come out, hell that's a year away before I start playing. Damn, wish you had mentioned that months ago I could be playing CMBB right now. Darn, you people for not making my mine up months ago.

Well, it's 9:37 AM and it's done. I have actually ordered CMBB moments ago so will be joining this other game, as we call it on the CMBO forum, shortly. :D I have to admit I am excited. Oh and are you guys in for a bunch of really dumb, annoying questions when I get it in and you can thank your buddy Hansson for making my mine up for me. smile.gif Are you in sales Hansson? Should be. ;) Ok, question 1 of 288 is : At only 456 meters how come my German soldier can't knock out .......... tongue.gifsmile.gif