Another MOD release... and it's not a uniform mod this time!!!

:eek: What?!? Something other than a uniform mod!?!

It's the Soviet lend-lease M5 halftrack, believe it or not. Available now!

Based on a CMBO mod that I never bothered to release. :rolleyes: Made from scratch (another "hard core" mod), as if you had to ask. ;)

m5_1.jpg

m5_2.jpg

m5_3.jpg

As an aside, it's funny how CMBB only downsamples SOME of the BMPs. For instance, although it's kinda hard to tell here, the sides, top and front of the halftrack are standard res, but the sides are downsampled. :confused: Perhaps it's something to do with file size?

I think I'll try using lo-res grass, as it's usually downsampled anyway, so there won't be much loss there.

smile.gif

Originally posted by Das Reich:

how do you have the time to do all of this?

I've been asking myself that lately...

Actually, this mod was already finished, more or less, just had to tinker with the BMPs a bit to get them to fit the CMBB model. smile.gif

Most of the uniform mods are the product of kind of a template, so they don't take much time at all, although creating the initial Photoshop "template" files was pretty time-consuming.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Das Reich:

how do you have the time to do all of this?

I've been asking myself that lately...

Actually, this mod was already finished, more or less, just had to tinker with the BMPs a bit to get them to fit the CMBB model. smile.gif

Most of the uniform mods are the product of kind of a template, so they don't take much time at all, although creating the initial Photoshop "template" files was pretty time-consuming.</font>

Nope, this baby is no-frills all the way. Now if some enterprising young, or old, or in between, person of outstanding moral character (or not) out there wants to add gew-gaws and tactical markings and rude charicatures of Hitler, et al. to this mod then I say: "Go for it!"

There it is - my official permission to mod this mod and post it for download, although I reserve the right to complain and make snide comments if I don't like what you've done with it. tongue.gif

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Das Reich:

Well, keep up the great work! However, you should be careful spoiling us like this. If you ever slow your pace down, you might get some troubled MOD-groupies sending you disturbing emails.

:eek:

You make it sound like this doesn't already happen...

;) </font>