CM:AK - one bugfix and an idea for placing some terrain features

Firstly, the bugfix. It's been there since CM:BO and annoys me no end.

Let's say you're placing your units, in the scenario editor or before a battle. You 'place' one unit. You then decide to 'move' one unit, so that you can place and rotate it at the same time. When you've placed the unit, it won't let you then rotate it as it does with all other units. Just annoying.

A thought I had this morning was the possibility of placing terrain features such as walls and fences in the same way that you place bunkers or barbed wire. Obviously you could only do this in the scenario editor, I'm not saying you should be able to buy walls in the game.

It would be brilliant to be able to place walls and fences in this way, and I wondered what the possibility of it was?

Originally posted by Rex Bellator:

Can I tag on a request for walls and fences which actually make sense on random maps. A quick routine which places them in actual squares, perhaps around wheatfields, or attached to houses should be straightforward?

No. Shoo. Get thee hence to thy northern stables smile.gif

Let me make one additional request, if I may. BFC needs to attach one of those breathing tubes that they are going to install on cars in order to determine the driver's sobriety.

Before anyone is allowed to access the Scenario Editor, they must first breathe into the tube and not exceed a 2.0 on the scale in order for the Scenario Editor to load.

I realize this could be a problem for some (Soddball and rune come to mind immediately), but the pain & suffering that it would reduce at the hands of these artists would be greatly diminished.

Thank you for your consideration.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Let me make one additional request, if I may. BFC needs to attach one of those breathing tubes that they are going to install on cars in order to determine the driver's sobriety.

Before anyone is allowed to access the Scenario Editor, they must first breathe into the tube and not exceed a 2.0 on the scale in order for the Scenario Editor to load.

I realize this could be a problem for some (Soddball and rune come to mind immediately), but the pain & suffering that it would reduce at the hands of these artists would be greatly diminished.

Thank you for your consideration.

For this, I will create a special scenario just for you, named "Flame Jim Boggs the Weaseling Weasel".

The aim is to set light to evil crack Sharpshooter Jim Boggs with your battalion of flamethrowers and company of flame tanks.

Originally posted by Rex Bellator:

Can I tag on a request for walls and fences which actually make sense on random maps. A quick routine which places them in actual squares, perhaps around wheatfields, or attached to houses should be straightforward?

Ditto for watercourses. How many times have I seen water features places on the highest ground, rather than the lowest. Marshes in particular spring to mind as one such.

[ July 01, 2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Private Bluebottle ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

Let's say you're placing your units, in the scenario editor or before a battle. You 'place' one unit. You then decide to 'move' one unit, so that you can place and rotate it at the same time. When you've placed the unit, it won't let you then rotate it as it does with all other units. Just annoying.

Are you saying that you can't hit the hot key for rotation and get it to rotate?

:confused:

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Are you saying that you can't hit the hot key for rotation and get it to rotate?

:confused:

Michael </font>

soddballwrites:

"You 'place' one unit. You then decide to 'move' one unit, so that you can place and rotate it at the same time. When you've placed the unit, it won't let you then rotate it as it does with all other units."

Ummm... I'm confused. Wouldn't the solution be to 'place' instead of 'move' (or the other way around), since the only difference between the two is that rotate command at the end? You seem to be complaining that one command isn't exactly the same as the other command, which - if it were - would mean you would have two different commands which were actually the same command! My head is spinning.