Opening camera angle

Hi Gents,

I know that question has been asked several times, but I made a search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I would like to know the exact procedure in order to select the starting camera position for each side, at the beginning of a scenario.

Is there a good soul to help me ?

Thank you smile.gif

It is the last camera position you left for each side in the editor. In the editor, use the "switch sides" (press \ ) to, errr, switch between sides.

In an operation I think it is taken from the position and direction of the 1st unit on each side - have no unit selected and press + to see which that is.

We just argued this this other day, lol

For PC alt + \ IIRC switches sides.

I open the map in preview. The flag on the left is the side you are working with. Position the view, click go, done, save. Go back in to preview, switch sides with alt + \ and repeat.

Last night I accidentally hit \ alone and it switched sides.

I have a battle that I saved with the Allied view in the wrong place. Now I cannot get that view to change.

In the editor, I load the battle, preview map, \ to switch sides, move the camera view, exit and save as.

I go into that battle from the game menu and the Allied view is the same wrong one from before.

What am I doing wrong?