I Need 3 Original Sound Files

Try going into it through My Computer and click directly on whatever drive you have the CD in. I don't think CMMOS uses Explorer to get at the CD when it replaces files.

When you've got the wav files, look about a dozen threads below this one in the CMBB forum for a description of what to do with it (except mentally substitute .wav and wav folder for bmp and bmp folder).

Originally posted by Philippe:

Try going into it through My Computer and click directly on whatever drive you have the CD in. I don't think CMMOS uses Explorer to get at the CD when it replaces files.

No matter which way i do it, the only thing that my drive reads is the installer. Thanks anyways.

As for CMMOS, i really don't think it replaces/overwrites any files on the CD, i'd be surprised if it does. But then again i don't use CMMOS.

Originally posted by Turbo:

On thier way. I have the same problem with the disc, all I can see is the installer.

There we go, i got em, thanks alot Turbo, i appreciate it. smile.gif

Here is a suggestion for people who have the hard drive space to spare. It is a way to have a backup copy of the original artwork and sound for cmbb.

1). Drag a copy of your cmbb folder to the desktop, verify everthing copied over.

2). Reinstall cmbb.

3). Go into the reinstalled cmbb folder and rename the BMP folder to say something like orgBMP, and do the same with the WAV folder, so these won't be overwritten when you copy back the older versions you copied out to the desktop. Also if you want a backup of the scenario folder, you could do the same.

4). Move the BMP, WAV, SCENARIO folders and if you have anything in say the PBEM, SAVED GAMES, QUICK BATTLE MAPS, etc back into the new reinstalled cmbb folder that now resides in the Program Files folder, also you will want to move over your older Combat Mission BB Prefs file. As stated move all this back into your new reinstalled cmbb folder, this will put your game back to the state it was in before you reinstalled plus you will now have a backup of the original artwork, sound and the orginal scenarios if you renamed that folder also before you moved back your older one.

Then you can delete whats left of the cmbb folder you copied out to the desktop earlier.