Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AT gun - no shot against moving enemy?

I want to set up a kill zone on a narraow stretch of raod for an AT gun.

In CMBO, I would place an ambush marker on the road and target it - worked most of the time, that is at least the AT gun would try to get off a shot at the side of the vehicle

My problem is in CMAK. I set a narrow vehicle arc (blue). An enemy vehicle, in this case a Sherman that had been tearing me up, drives by, right through the kill zone. My team sess the Serm enter the left side of the arc and TURNS THE GUN TO THE LEFT. :mad: The Sherm keeps moving toward the right, past the gun barrel. The gun then tries to follow the tank to the right by turning the whole gun until the tank leaves the right side of the arc. The gun then turns back to the center fo the arc...way to go team.

How can I make the AT gun sit itght and shoot as the vehicle passes?

Then Id like to see the return of the ambush marker in addition to the cover arc in the next CM, then.

Not trying to knock CM, which I love, but this seems to be an oversight. I should be able to tell my gun: don't turn, wait for the target to come to you. Maybe call it a dynamic TRP, which can be set by HQs of a certain level or experience.

A command "pre-target this position and just pull the trigger when something shows up" would come in very handy.

For example, where there's a building and yu know tanks might appear, then currently the gun will always start moving with the tank instead of doing the above.

This distorts tactics, charging out of cover has a much better chance in CM than in real life, in fact you can reliably reach new cover if you know how much time the gun needs for the standard CM procedures.

As an added bonus, if a friendly tank appears it should be shot, too :D

My worst.

AT gun setup near a gap between two buildings, no arc, pointing at a road ahead 100m. stug traveling down road, sight blocked, into a side shot ambush.

Half way through the turn that should result in a killed stug, another afv appears 90 degrees to my gun at 500m. Of course the gun slowly turns 90 degrees, misses the opportunity on the stug, and the afv disappears behind a hill.