I believe that 'bogged' also covers failure of the track/wheel system, ie mechanical error - this is often happens if you are moving FAST over terrain.

I'm sure a grog will be along to explain it even more.

The next question you might ask is, is that realistic? Yes I once broke a track on a M577 going SLOW a flat very dry asphalt road!

You can tell the AI is cheating when a big thumb comes out of the sky, squishes your tank and you hear a rumbling laugh (Madmatt) in the distance....

Originally posted by Hans:

The next question you might ask is, is that realistic? Yes I once broke a track on a M577 going SLOW a flat very dry asphalt road!

I was about ten feet from an M60 that had just started going into reverse on a hardstand. The tank hadn't moved more than about 2 inches when an end cap shattered and the track flew off. Got my attention.

'Bogg' has to be limited to any problem than can be fixed in the few seconds/minutes than the tank is bogged, so I doubt throwing a track can be included. That'd put it into the 'Immobile' category, especially if the tank's under fire.

So 'Bogging' could include getting hung up on a tree stump, getting brush wrapped around the drive sprocket, stuff like that. Breaking parts and fixing them usually takes more than 30 seconds of bogg time.