Something similar to borg spotting but not the same

I'd like to be able to do this in CMBB:

Say i have a sniper in position from he has great LOS, and he sees an enemy tank about to pass the narrow LOF of an ATG in ambush. It is a very fast tank and, by the time the ATG can acquire it as an target it will out of line of sight. Well couldn't there be a function included that the sniper warns the ATG of arrival of that tank and that it will be ready to fire, with less target acquire time. Would this also be realistic?

Second question, I've played the advanced tutorial scenario, and seeing 10 JS2's fleeing for 4 panthers, just makes me really mad, like this ===> :mad: . I know they are green but please 10 of them, is this something built in, that the AI fear the big cats?

Thanks for reading and perhaps answering

stikkypixie

Unless the sniper and atg gun both had radios, it would NOT be realistic. Seldom if ever would a situation like that with radios occur.

As for the Advanced tutorial, that is normal behavior. Why? Because that model of Russian tank had two piece ammo, so once they fire, will take forever to reload. Mix in the Green status [yes, Guards units could be green, "Guards" was an honorific], and they will withdraw. The trick is to find commands and tactics to deal with the situation. {try the shoot and scoot, or hunt and reverse].

Hope you enjoy the game...

Rune

In reality you probably wouldn't use that scheme.

If the AT gun crew anticipated that a tank might cross the narrow space they would trim the gun on the upper end of the space and just pull the trigger when the tank crosses (without turning the gun).

In CM the gun always turns with the tank movement, you cannot prevent it.

Furthermore, in reality you have a fast turn rate and a slow turn rate with most guns, the barrel's movement on the carriage for small turns is fast and turning the carriage is very slow on guns that require it. CM doesn't have that difference, there is only one turn rate for guns.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

CM anti-tank shots are always done by following a moving target with the barrel and firing when comfortable. The turn rate of a gun on ground or in a turret is always linear. There is always a minimum targetting time.

CM has no concept of trimming the gun on a point and wait until the target crosses it or of different turn rates in the traverse of most towed guns (but it has it for SP guns!). There is also no attempt of a lucky shot if the target is about to break LOS before the optimal targetting sequence is finished.

All this stuff is hard to solve at the detail level that CM provides. If you compare it to TacOps, TacOps abstracts the whole turning and targetting and just assumes given hit probabilities. A target in LOS always has some chance of getting hit, but there is no situation where it cannot possibly be hit as CM has.