TCP/IP Help please

I have posted in the tech help section and not got one reply,hope you guys can help.

Hi Guys

My friend and i are trying to play cmbb via tcpi/ip. The thing is it works for one nights game then the next day when we try to connect to finsih the map we can't.

We have tried everything we know to get it to work correctly but it aint happening..anyone with any ideas or suggestions please...

we played a map friday. It took about 5 or 6 attempts of him or me trying to host/join.

we allowed cmbb access via our avs and xp firewalls.We tried the whats my ip test and eventually got it to work,with me as host.

Then last night same thing happened again,this time though by turning off our av's it connected and we played a map. when we tried to play a 2nd map we had the connecting problems.I hope this makes some sense to you

Anyone can jump in and correct me, but the distance between you and your opponent, coupled with the size of the scenario, may be having an effect on your connection. For example, I've had connection and turn processing problems when playing large scenarios against opponents who lived a good distance from me. Is this the case?