NEWLY DISCOVERED EVIDENCE: JAPANESE WWII KAMIKAZE PARATROOPERS

On this picture, taken in November 1942 in the secret japanese navy base Kanarunjimakasawa, you can see two Kamikaze-Rakasanbutai (Suicide-Anti-Tank Paratroopers). Out of necessity, because the japanese anti-tank capabilities were rather non-existent, the imperial air force mustered a special elite commando force with the purpose of destroying enemy tanks. Their equipment contained the "supertough-alloy [direct translation] kabuko anti-tank helmet" and the strong "jigansai mega-magneto". The soldiers would be dropped out of a specially re-fitted zero plane and dive head-on onto an enemy tank (their magnet would speed them up and make aiming easier). The helmet had an armour penetration value of 100-2000mm, depending on the drop height, the weight of the tank (more steel-more magnetic force) and weather conditions.

northpole_southpole.jpg

Note the aerodynamic shape of helmet and uniform, and the expression of utter determination on the soldier's faces. These two men, members of companies "Northwind" and "Southwind" are just about to depart on their mission.

Throughout the whole pacific war, evidence of Kamikaze-Rakasanbutai is scarce. However, among the japanese army, they were always regarded as the secret elite.

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

Krautman, please report to the firing squad. Tell them you just posted the least funny thread of 2005 (yet). They'll understand.

Now there's a guy with a striking lack of humor. I just wonder who would be member of that firing "squad" when that forum anti-comedy brigade is made up only of you. I should take your post as a serious affront, there's not the slightest bit of ;) in it. Yet in any forum there's an old grumpy bear, just crawl back into your cave. I for my part gladly remember Sergei's "Volksstrumpfhoseführerin with Maus" ( ), i laughed my ass off on that one. Or take Phillippe's report on motorcycle assault tactics here in this thread:

Even an old grumbler like you should smile sometimes... smile.gif

[ January 15, 2005, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Krautman ]