**Lend-Lease M3 Scout Car mod reworked, recolored, re-uploaded!**

A little something that used to be on Tom's Combat Mission site, that's been reworked and recolored my late T34 color for YOU!

Lend-Lease Russian M3A1 Scout Car

Get it at your favorite site:

http://www.cmmods.com/

This is my total (and I mean TOTAL) from-scratch mod of the M3 scout car, based on scale plans in the book "ARMORED CAR, history of American Wheeled Combat Vehicles" by R.P. Hunnicutt.

One way my mod differs from others (and the CMAK textures of this Scout Car) is my bolt details are not overdone raised details with cast shadows but are meant to instead represent the more subtle flat screw heads that were holding the vehicle together. I think it looks more realistic.

Take a peek, see of you agree.

[ December 18, 2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

One way my mod differs from others (and the CMAK textures of this Scout Car) is my bolt details are not overdone raised details with cast shadows but are meant to instead represent the more subtle flat screw heads that were holding the vehicle together. I think it looks more realistic.

Ouch, was that an M3 Scout Car that just hit me?!? :D

Interesting observation. I never had access to a close enough detail shot to know that they were screws rather than bolts. Maybe I'll have to revise mine too. :rolleyes: Were the M3/M5 halftracks also screwed together rather than bolted?

Looks very nice, as always.

Gordon

The Scout Cars, halftracks (except the International Harvester-made welded M5s), AND the Stuarts were all screwed together instead of riveted. I think the manual suggested that every so often the crews go around the vehicle with a screwdriver tightening the vehicle back up so they wouldn't rattle so much.

Please don't take offense, that line was my justification for taking the easy route and using little black dots for bolts heads instead of the 3-D types. Screw heads cast shadows too! tongue.gif .

[ December 18, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Please don't take offense, that line was my justification for taking the easy route and using little black dots for bolts heads instead of the 3-D types. Screw heads cast shadows too! tongue.gif .

No offense taken, I was jus' funnin' ya. I was definitely suprised at your revelation, and would also have taken it into consideration when making my mod. I never mind learning something new.

The more modders doing different things, the more I learn and the more everyone benefits.

Gordon