CM multiplayer ?

I want to ask a few of you guys, who know more about programming then I do. about how easy or hard it would be to allow any future releases of CM to be played by more then 2 people?

e.g. if 2 people play for one side, each player can choose what units he will control----->so one player controls the tanks the other infantry, or both control parts of the tanks and infantry etc etc.

this would allow to play bigger battles, because you alone

dont have to move every unit yorself, depending on how meny plyers there are.

cheers

I'm hoping CM3 will have 4 player support but I doubt it. How awesome would that be though? You and a friend taken on two other friends, it would really add an intense amount of teamwork to the game. Althugh , I suspect many friendships will be lost forever because one guy rushed his tanks early and you were left without support ;)

wonder if 4 player support would be possible with the upcoming CMAK...?

Not a chance ... BFC have made it clear there will not be any major changes to the game or its engine.

Hopefully it is something we'll see in the new game engine along with a much improved campaign mode.... imagine a 4 (or more) player campaign.

I'd even like to see a similar idea used for a new single player mode ....

Where the player only controls a certain amount of the units (50%, 75% etc) and the AI controls the rest.

That way you would only be in charge of a small number of forces having to decide to to take your objectives or provide support to AI controlled units.

With a few new commands to 'request' artillery or armour assistance the only support units you could be certain of would be the ones under your control.

We'll just have to wait and see !