Problems with 1.03 patch

I seem to have some problems with the 1.03 patch. I downloaded the CDV patch and installed it without any problems (at least that is the message I got from the installation procedure). But when I try to start the game, it cannot locate the CD and keeps telling me to insert the CD (which is there!!) :(

However, under the 1.02 CDV patch, I had no problems whatsoever; the game always located my CD...

Any suggestions, please?

Hi, rest assured this isn't an issue with the patch, more a problem with CDV's copy protection :rolleyes:

What I do, is insert the cd, exit the setup screen, and run from my own icon on the desktop. Runs first time every time that way. If I try and run from the install/play screen I get the same error you do.

I should add, if you try and run it from the setup screen, it will always ask you for the cd. You have to restart the machine to get round it! Just use the icon on your desktop.

[ June 09, 2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: phil stanbridge ]

Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

Hi, rest assured this isn't an issue with the patch, more a problem with CDV's copy protection :rolleyes:

What I do, is insert the cd, exit the setup screen, and run from my own icon on the desktop. Runs first time every time that way. If I try and run from the install/play screen I get the same error you do.

I should add, if you try and run it from the setup screen, it will always ask you for the cd. You have to restart the machine to get round it! Just use the icon on your desktop.

Yep, I couldn't say it better from my own experience smile.gif

Thanks for the tips, but it still does not work!

Even by launching the game from my desktop, it asks for the CD. By the way, launching the game from the setup screen, never worked; I have always played the game from my desktop shortcut. To make things very clear: it is a regular CD, not an illegal copy, and it just worked fine under 1.02.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 copies running from desktop shortcuts ... a 1.02 and 1.03 version. Both work without any problems (XP home) I never use the CDV startup screen ... in fact I have autorun disabled on my CD & DVD drives so I never see it.

Have you tried deleting the shortcut and creating a new one ? and maybe try switchin off autorun for the drive.

Other than that :confused:

Thank you for the tip Lou.

When looking to disable autorun I found out that for some reason the system manager showed three CD-rom ( 1 DVDM, 1 CD-RW and a SCSI CD-ROM ??).

After deleting the Scsi cd-rom (which I never installed) I can get the game to work with v 1.03.