Why does 500 = 860???

Trying to set up a 500 point QB...and when I go into the unit purchase screen, I have 860 points? It sort of defeats the purpose of choosing a 500 point battle lol.

I made sure the handicap is off, so what gives? I tried several times, and got at least 50% more points than I wanted every try. Is it also giving the AI extra purchase points?

MadDdog, if you're mounting an assault, then that number is logical. If my memory serves me correctly, the bonus you'll get on top of the base points is 25% for probe, 50% for attack and 75% for assault. The computer might round up the total points a bit.

I'm not sure whether the handicap bonus / penalty is directly added / substracted from this bonus, or is it calculated on top of it.

Another possiblity is if you have any casualties set.

For example, if you select 20% casualties for your force in a 500 point battle, you will actually select 600 points worth of forces, but about 100 points worth of your forces will be randomly removed before the start of the battle.

AFAIK, none of the attacker bonuses by itself will give you 860 points in a 500-pt. battle, so chances are there is also a pre-set casualty % or something in there, too. I could be misremembering the % bonuses for the attacker in the various QB types, though.

Cheers,

YD