Regrouping split squads ?

I sometimes use half-squads for recon purposes (harder to spot for the defender, and harder to kill too), usually by taking one squad from a couple of platoons (that is, one squad per platoon, leaving the platoons with two squads and some MGs/mortars/zooks, enough to perform covering fire for the untouched platoons' assault) and I've sometimes watched them regoup into full squads when sitting and/or fighting close from each other (think 10-15 meters tops).

How does this work, exactly ? I've quickly re-read the manual just to be sure, but couldn't find any reference to this, is there a fixed rule for squad merging ? Like "must spend one full turn close", or "both half-squads must originate from the same original squad" ?

Since we're on the topic, how does differing level of moral affect (effect?) regrouping? I played a game once where some of my half squads became 'rattled', and would not rejoin their non-rattled squad mates, even when in close proximity for several turns. So how exactly does moral work in this situation?

You can regroup across impassable walls even. You can even split a squad and have the split occur across an impassable wall.

The morale of the regrouped squad will be that of the "A" team. A "rattled" B team rejoining a normal A team will produce a normal squad. That's why it's good to scout with the B team.

Didn't know that...definitely a good reason to send "B" forward, in addition to the fact that the "B" team gets the up-close and personal weapons (SMG/MP/DC/MC/grenades) while the "A" team gets the fire base (LMG/BAR).

Originally posted by xerxes:

You can regroup across impassable walls even. You can even split a squad and have the split occur across an impassable wall.

The morale of the regrouped squad will be that of the "A" team. A "rattled" B team rejoining a normal A team will produce a normal squad. That's why it's good to scout with the B team.

> You can regroup across impassable walls even. You can even split a squad and have the split occur across an impassable wall.

Hmmm. What a clever technique for moving around in cities. Who said CM can't do wall breaches?