Which mods installed on retail version?

Okay newby question here.

I just got CMBO yesterday. On the box it said that this version has improved graphics. When I went to install a few of the mods, it looked like some of the files were identical. For example, hi res grass, mad dog mod pack 1 and 2, explosions and fire bmp files looked very similar to what is already in the bmp folder. My question is this. Are some of the mods already installed? If yes, which ones? Which mods will improve the eye candy? One other question. Which scenarios are the originals?

Thanks,

Sfm, none of the mods that are included are actually installed in the BMP directory. They may look similar (hehe, I did make both version of the grass for instance) but they are definately different smile.gif

We decided to include mods in a different directory so people could install them as they wish depending on their tastes and VRAM capacity.

Dan

I'm new to the CM series, just purchased CMBO. I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the add-ons out there..

Are the most popular cosmetic mods included? As in terrain and sound/graphic effect changes? Also, from what I've read, installing a mod is done by overwriting the .bmp's with new ones, so the only way to revert to the default would be to make a copy of that folder prior to installing a mod, and copying it back if you wanted to use it. Is that correct?

Overall I'm very impressed with the game, and even more so with the community around it. Great show everyone.

WrathChild, you are correct in regards to the BMP folder. It gets a little more difficult when you just want to change back some of the textures to a previous state, and not the whole folder (Ie., you like the grass, but not the tree bases for example). I keep a list of what I change, and "pull" bmps out of the main CMBO folder and into a temporary holding folder so I can go back and selectively replace individual bmps. It takes a while, but in the end you feel that this is YOUR Combat Mission- customized the way you like it.

Question for KwazyDog (or anyone else in the know for that matter). When you say

Sfm, none of the mods that are included are actually installed in the BMP directory.
does that mean the CMBO-SE intalls exactly the same (with patches of course) as the original CMBO and that to get the "new hi-res" graphics the mods must be installed? Just looking for clarity. Thanks!