"Reinforcements have arrived" sound in a hotseat game

(Note: Not only CMBB's problem)

Is there any way to turn the "Reinforcements have arrived" sound off in a two-player hotseat game?

Off course you could delete the WAV-file or replace it with a blank one (or simply turn off the speakers every time you expect your reinforcements to come) but that wouldn't be too handy.

The problem is, that the other player is usually in the same room as the other starts his/her turn, so the opposive player can hear the arrival of the reinforcements (and re-evaluate the strategy now based in this knowlegde).

Sorry to bother, just curious if this is meant to be or left by mistake.

Originally posted by securityguard:

Whoa, theres a sound for that? What does it sound like? I've never heard it.

It's a "clonk". Like when you gently hit a tank's armour with a steel shovel (if I remember correctly).

Originally posted by Other Means

headphones?

That's one thing I have used, but usually we tend to discuss about our daily matters while playing (it's manageable, although commanding requires heavy thinking).

I think this would be best done with phones you could still hear the outside world (I have only those large cup phones). So I should get smaller ones, the button earphones... That's it. Thanks a lot, Other Means.

(Actually, now that I think of it, I don't have to hear the background wind-humming and bird-chirping, anyway. I'll just turn the speakers off and use the headphones when watching the action. So thanks to you, Securityguard, too.)

Sometimes the solution is behind one thought.