Wow, it's been a while since I posted on that forum.

Anyway, I decided to play BB again and I am having a little problems whit all those huge maps, where you get tons of armor and hundreds of infantry units.

In fact, I don't know where to start that kind of mission...

enemy is fiering from everywhere, arty shels are bouncing of tanks and when I'm abouth to switch from turn 16 to 17, my forces are so mixed up, that inf. is conected only with black lines and it is 50% understrenght. My support units are crowling far behind my main force since they are so slow...

SO-any tips how to play those huge maps. I would also apreciated(?) some links where I could get some replays of such a massive battle (I mean Human vs. AI)

looking forward to read your answers and

I hope you understand the point of that message since my english is disastrous...

Make sure your units are organized at the start of the mission. This is the number one thing to do at the start of any mission.

When giving orders, give them on a platoon or company level. What I mean is, give orders to all units in a platoon or company before moving to the next platoon or company. Make sure those orders keep the unit together.

When not in contact, dragging boxes around your units to select more at once speeds things up. Just be careful not to break up the platoons.

/SirReal

Before you try huge maps, i think you should be able to handle fewer units on smaller maps.

How do you set up your units?

First I always group them platoon-wise together.

Once this is done, i form the companies out of the platoons.

Afterwards i inspect the map and decide where the main focus locations and paths will be.

Then is assign PLATOONS and not single units to the areas.

Try to look at your infantry units as platoons. When moving the squads, always look at them as a part of a platoon. Once you've got the feeling, that a single unit without the adequate HQ is like naked, you won't have this probs anymore.

Then you'll automatically keep them as close together as necessary.

Also keep in mind, that it's always better to attack with more firepower than the enemy. Then you'll automatically have to keep platoons together as good as possible.

Very soon a unit out of c&c and mixed up units will be the exception.

After a few games you'll see that there is no difference between the handling of units on huge or small maps, once you're 'thinking in HQs'.

I know this will sound little stupid-but can i actualy give order to entire company at once? I mean not to drag square around all the units but with selecting company leader. Or even order entire batalion at once by selecting batalion leader?

What am I missing here?

Originally posted by Lt. Wecker:

I know this will sound little stupid-but can i actualy give order to entire company at once? I mean not to drag square around all the units but with selecting company leader. Or even order entire batalion at once by selecting batalion leader?

What am I missing here?

No, you can't do that.

By click-dragging around a bunch of units you can give all of them a single move or target order, but that's it.

/SirReal

[ July 13, 2003, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: SirReal ]

By double clicking a platoon HQ it will select all units associated with it... if box selecting is too much effort.

Also, you really dont want to move in that uncoordinated of a fashion, do you? IE Moving a whole battalion with one mouse click... ewww. smile.gif

[ July 13, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Major Jerkov ]