Was I banned or something?

A mod may move this thread to an appropriate section, but personally, I'm baffled. One day, the forum prompts for my login data. As I've gotten used to the automatic log-in, I've forgotten my password, and try to ask for a new one to my registration e-mail address, but the system nags that it doesn't find a user under that address.

When I try to re-register with my old alias, the system tells that it is already in use. What's going on? :mad:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meh = stupid.

Now, the problem is that the forum's database doesn't keep a permanent record of a user's registration data. Now, as I've renamed my e-mail address in the profile from "crystalspider@hotmail.com" to "NOSPAMcrystalspider@hotmail.com", the system is attempting to send the e-mail to an address that doesn't exists. Grand!

Now, could some kind moderator/admin please edit the "NOSPAM" part out of my profile, so I could get back in the track?

It happened to me too. Right after the upgrade or whatever work was done a few days ago when the Forums were closed. I had to log in manually and find my password etc. Luckily I keep all of my passwords in a little black address book in the top drawer of my desk. A few seconds writing down th entry has saved great amounts of frustration.

I was logged on in a minute and have been recognized ever since.

Automatic Toad

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture v2.0:

Lessee if the system works now...

I demand that Bone Vulture be banned on the off chance that he was supposed to be banned, and to keep all of us unexposed to whatever it is that he might have done that deserved banning.

Better that a few innocents are banned than that a single guilty man escape.

Also, this will probably lead to all sorts of comic high jinks and provide for many a merry moment at his expense.

Come on Moon you were in quite the banning mood this morning. Not that I am knocking the banning of the Blood & Guts Wanker but what did he really do? He started two(2) horric, annoying, banal, inane, abourd, and bannable(sic?) threads in one day.

Look at the havoc that Bone_Vulture has brought over the years. I think that the collective grief is worthy of a banning. In fact, I suggest that you look over your records. It very well could that you meant to ban him in the past and never got around to it. No, no, it is perfectly all right I will wait whilst you check.

Whats that? YOU ARE GOING TO ALLOW Bone_Vulture BACK???

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I demand that Bone Vulture be banned on the off chance that he was supposed to be banned, and to keep all of us unexposed to whatever it is that he might have done that deserved banning.

Better that a few innocents are banned than that a single guilty man escape.

Also, this will probably lead to all sorts of comic high jinks and provide for many a merry moment at his expense.

You rat bastard. I'm worth ten "peng" thread spammers, and you ought to know that. smile.gif