bug or feature?

hi

I'm playing that game for a long time now but I have to confess that I used to play the Germans most of the time.

But in my current email battles I was forced (brutally!!!) to play the Russians. I've found that nice and cheap 81mm spotter with 250 rounds and in my first game it worked perfectly. Ok, the Russians need a bit more time before the arty comes down but that is ok.

But now I've experienced it in TWO email battles that my arty was coming down severyl hundred meters left of the target. Adjusting fire didn't help anything.

Did I overlook something? Do I need a company commander or something? I'm really a bit confused and would appreciate if anyone can give an answer.

Thanx in advance

Mika

Look for the spotting round. As I understand it, if the spotter can't see the first round to fall, usually 30-45 seconds before the main impact of multiple rounds, then the fall of the rounds will be off target. If this happens, readjust the call for fire, and see if he sees the spotting round this time. You have to be pretty on the ball to see the round, look for his ammo to drop one, and then look for a single explosion several seconds later in the general area of the original target. Hope this helps.

Edited to correct my info. Apparently, your spotter only needs los to the target at the time the spotting round falls, not to the spotting round itself.

[ July 02, 2006, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: NG cavscout ]