Quick Operation Generator

Hey guys.

I did a search and got scattered hits indicating a feature like this is under consideration in CMAK and CM2. Any definitive word on whether, and if so, when it will appear? :confused:

I'm a campaigner in love with the CM series. :D

My ideal campaign would be a series of operations based on the actual battles historical divisions fought. Players would pick a historical division to follow from a start to an end date. 'Core force,' 'attachments,' and equipment would represent those historically available in the division's historical battles. Operation parameters would reflect the historical conditions facing the division in the historic battle. :eek:

'Core force' units and leaders would start with historic experience/bonus award levels and have individual potentials to reach up to elite experience level and double bonus in all categories. Units would have to gain experience to advance to their experience level potential. Leaders would have to gain experience to be awarded the bonus' allowed them by their potential ratings. Only certain percentages of units would have the potential to achieve each experience and bonus type level based on historical national armed forces performance.

So, any word on a quick operation generator?

I'll second that. Battles are fairly straight forward. Force A, Force B, some objectives, mix and play.

Operations, on the other hand, require more of a story telling than just a single fight. What are the initial forces? Is this the main effort? Is there action anywhere else? And a ton of other questions that effect things like initial forces, reinforcements, no-man's land, map type, etc.

It is possible but I believe it would be too much work to get a result that most people would complain about anyway (imagine the current gripes about the QB generator magnified by at least three). BFC probably would rather spend their time on the more important parts and let designers tell their stories through ops.