Is this a new record?

Originally posted by Panzer76:

Yes, you killed alot of tanks, and Im sure you played well, but as Ive said before, there are quite a few CMBB players out there, so I dont think it is a record.

Are there? I though that me and my opponent were the only ones playing this game. :rolleyes:

And anyhow, a record of what? To accuratly measure thses records, one would have to play on the same map with the same forces.

The record of tanks killed per minute in 2000 pts Pure Armor PBEM ME with medium quality troops. Both sides bought their units (standard rarity) which should be, considering CMBB's purchase point system, rather balanced situation.

Would it be a bigger "record" if I played on a pool table map with Tigers vs T-26? I would kill more vehicles than you did..

It wouldn't be a rather balanced QB, would it?

Would it be a bigger "record" if I played on a urban map with lotsa T34s vs Stugs and a very inexperienced player?

This battle was on farmland, light tree coverage, and small hills. My opponent had whooped my a** before in QBs, and I consider him as a very respectable opponent. This time his tactics sucked, I admit.

I hope you can see that there is no way one could quantify your "record". It is a amusing story and all that, but starting to talk about records is a bit silly. IMO.

So the word "record" somehow touches your nerve, doesn't it?

I think it is time to say : Nobody cares. It might be a record for those particular settings, it probably isn't. The bottom line is, it doesn't matter. Do ladder matches even track vehicle losses or casualties? They seem to track only wins/losses, which is a good idea. There doesn't seem to be any point to arguing whether this is a record or not, b/c it doesn't matter much. Why doesn't it matter? Well, your opponent could be your best buddy, he could have been intentionally trying something he knew to be reckless, etc etc... it's already been suggested, if you want accolades, join a ladder.

Since this thread can go nowhere, it should be locked.

And what is your problem, Herr Kruger? All I wanted to do is share some information, but the very word "record" seems to just offend people around here, so my sincere apologies... That Tigrii fella was the only one who had some interesting info in his reply.

I don't have a problem. I'm just saying you should expect other players to look on this with some skepticism is all. No the word "record" does not bother me in the slightest. Why do you think the word "record" bothers me? Because I disagree with you? Because I think it may not be a record? I really don't understand why you think the word "record" bothers me, b/c it doesn't. You may have a record, you may not. You seem to have a problem with people thinking it is not a record, though. Like I said, it doesn't matter b/c people can make custom maps in which they can excel or play opponents whom they happen to outclass to set a new record, it is undoubtedly one of the reasons you don't see many posts like this one here. I'm sorry if you feel like you are being treated unfairly or rudely, I'm not trying to do that. I'm just saying, IMO, it doesn't really matter. And no, the word "record, does not bother me, for the record.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Keke:

Are there? I though that me and my opponent were the only ones playing this game. :rolleyes:

Oh, in the same way someone here could come and say, yes Keke, that is a record...

The record of tanks killed per minute in 2000 pts Pure Armor PBEM ME with medium quality troops. Both sides bought their units (standard rarity) which should be, considering CMBB's purchase point system, rather balanced situation.

It wouldn't be a rather balanced QB, would it?

It would be according to your first expleantion. Thing is, players can choose wrong units. Like KT in heavy forested snow map.

So the word "record" somehow touches your nerve, doesn't it?

I just find it amusing that you want your game to be some sort of record.

i think it's a record.

here's another record... once i had 8 pzjg1s in a gulley... one turn i had them all 'shoot and scoot' to the 'lip' of the gulley with the plan that they would all reverse... you know.. 'scoot'... it took about 20 seconds for them to get into los/lof, then about another 20 seconds for 7 of them to die, then another 20 for the remaining one to 'scoot.'

so losing 7 of 8 pzjg1s to a shoot and scoot within about 20 seconds of actual firing... it must be some kind of record...