Recommendations on Sound Mods requested

I recently installed CMBB.

I added CW''s gridded grass and will probably include other BMP mods later on.

I scanned the forums this evening and found two main comprehensive sound mod packs:

Father of None

Night Crawlers

Does anyone have any opinions on which would be a better choice? I want to feel like I am in the middle of a fire fight!

Father of None's uses MP3 files. I've downloaded a utility (CDEX) to convert the fire format to WAV, but I have never done this before. Is there anything which I should know?

Thanks!

Beware of Father of None. While a good sound pack, some of the sounds are sampled at a lower bit rate, so they play in slow motion! Avoid wavs in the 390-397 (Maxium MG) catagory and 350-357 (if I remember correctly) which is the Soviet tank MGs.

Nightcralwer (a cool X-Men character BTW!) has a superior sound pack for the most part.

I have the Ncrawler, Oddball's and a couple by OHJumsies (think that's right) and GJK (mainly tank MG).

IIRC I have all of Ncrawlers installed (except for HMG42 and selected sounds from the other mods that I just happen to prefer (e.g. OHJ SMG sounds IIRC). OHJs and the GJKs are at CMMod Database.

Nightcrawler's are great, and easy to install. They sound "real" to me where some of the other mods have a lot of echo. That's just personal preference, of course, but Nightcrawler's distribution as a self-installing exe was great for a computer klutz like me.

If Nightcrawler is reading this, I love 98% of the sounds in your pack....the 2% I'm not as thrilled with are the AT and tank guns, and the sound of rounds penetrating armor. The tank guns are beefed up so much from the original, that now even a 45mm ATG or 75mm IG sounds like an 88! And the "breaking glass" at the end of the penetration sound doesn't sound quite right. This last is the one example where I actually preferred the default "thunk," though it hasn't bothered me enough to go in and try to change that one file back...

- Matt

This is what I arrived at for my CMBB:

(1) Mainly Night Crawlers Sound Pack:

- Didn't like whistling arty.

- Tanks too quiet.

- Penetrations not impressive.

(2) Removed tank sounds and use the

defaults from CMBB.

(3) Added Father of None's penetration sounds.

(4) Added Beefy's incomming arty sounds.