Footage photo's continued...

Here are some photos I "found" in the atic. Funny... I didn't know I had relatives in the USSR in the 40s....

OfficerandRiver.jpg

A Soviet Officer over sees an oppossed river crossing in the summer of '44.

IS2.jpg

An IS2 in heavy action in the Courland Peninsula late in the war.

T34andAC.jpg

A T34 drives past a knocked out armored car outside Karkov in '43.

Incidentally -- Some photoshop filters I've found useful for... um... "improving" these atic photos include motion blur (3 or 4 pixels) and add noise (3%).

It also helps to erase little bits out of the edge of the picture after you place it in the frame. You can also rotate the entire image before you crop it to put it in the frame, photographers under fire have a hard time holding the camera perfectally level.

Finally, I tend to think that photos from camera level 1 look best as that is the highest a real photographer could have gotten.

--Chris

[ August 16, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Maastrictian ]

Hello Maastrictian,

Thanks for your post, they are good footage pics you have there.

Also thanks for the hints, i will use them for an updated version of mine later !

btw where did your nick Maastrictian came from ?

im just curious because in Holland we have a town called Maastricht and your nick is close to that name but i guess its purely coincidence.

Monty

Michael Emrys --

I *think* the AC's wheel is on the ground, but its a few meters ahead of that crater, which makes things look odd.

Monty --

The Maastrictian epoch in geology is named after a rock formation near that town. Its the last epoch of the Cretaceous, the last time period in which the dinosaurs lived. So my nickname comes from my interest in the extinction of the dinosaurs, and, kind of, from that town.

--Chris

Originally posted by Monty:

Jaws,

That is a * Sharp photo you found there.

You actually discovered a method to make old photo's like new ones !!

I guess you recognised my footage pic of the town hehehe, or what is left of it ;)

Monty

Yes noticed it direct smile.gif