ATTENTION ALL MOD AUTHORS!!!

CMMODS.jpg

Okay, it is my belief that the Marder II should have a separate box in the Units Modified part of the new CMMODS format. This screenshot illustrates my point. The Marder II has BMPs separate from both the Marder III/Wespe and the TACAMs. I've only modded the Marder II so I'm not going to comment with certainty on whether the TACAMs share BMPS only with each other or perhaps with other vehicles as well. Perhaps a more experienced modder can comment.

As far as I can tell, the Marder II has its own bitmaps.

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

The Marder II has BMPs separate from both the Marder III/Wespe and the TACAMs. I've only modded the Marder II so I'm not going to comment with certainty on whether the TACAMs share BMPS only with each other or perhaps with other vehicles as well. Perhaps a more experienced modder can comment.

Great! Thanks for helping to figure that one out. I'll change the database ASAP! Thanks again!

COG

hmmm, some proof for some changes that need to be made:

the MG Carrier and the Malaxa Carrier share .bmps; as do the Ansaldo CV-35 and the Carro Leggero CV-33, but they do not share with each other:

complaintsmalaxa.jpg

The Pz35(t), the PZ38(t)E, the PZ38(t)G (In Hungarian Service) and the R-2 are all basically the same tank, but they do not share .bmps. (well, the Pz35(t) and Pz38(t)A are the same and they share all but 3 .bmps with the Pz38(t)E & G in German Service, but a mod would be different for each I would think)

complaintspz38.jpg

The PSW 222 and the Csaba are not the same (they USED to be in earlier versions):

complaintscsaba.jpg

And could you please add in the Vanatorul de Care for the Romanians? It's a very similar tank to the Renault R-35, but it has a different gun and a complete set of .bmps in-game.

complaintsr35.jpg

Thank you ever so much!

Zimorodok

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

OK, I went thru the Marder/Wespe/TACAM mods last night and I ***THINK*** I have them all figured out:

Marder II (early)

Marder II

Marder III (early)

Marder III

TACAM R-2 - TACAM T-60

That's what I'm going with anyway. ;)

COG

Those categories would seem to be more appropriate. One minor concern... the designation of (early). With the variations of the units this might be a point of confusion. It is your intent that Marder II (early) refers to the Marder II that carries the panzer grey color and is available in the 1941 - 1942 period of the war, correct? The mod I made affects the Marder II and the Marder II (early), but only the panzer grey ones, not the later war ones. What I mean is, there are two different Marder IIs available in the early part of the war, both of them using the same BMPs, the panzer grey ones. It is not a big deal with the Marder II, but perhaps with other units it could be confusing if there is a mod that affects only a unit that in the game is designated (late) but is available in panzer grey era/color, such as the StuG IIIF (late). If I perceive your intent of the meaning of (early) vs. (late) any mod that affected only the StuG IIIF (late) in the panzer grey color could be organized incorrectly.

Just my thoughts.

[ September 20, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Herr Kruger ]