Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New to game

I just got CMBB in mail a week ago. I've just started tinkering around. I think I'm getting hooked. I've played wargames for quite a while but this, HOLY COW! I gotta use tactics at last. Not to badmouth the PG series, I love em'. But I'm getting my ass handed to me and I like it.

I've played Panzy General. It's a good game for it's time, but it's time has long since past. WEGO is the new wave now. WEGO adds a whole new realistic dimension to the game. I, for one, am very happy Battlefront is leading the way.

Welcome to the board. Don't go into the PENG thread. I'm still nursing a bald spot from scratching it wondering what the heck is going on in there.

Sorry to disturb this post, but just hiding out here to catch my breath.

There will be a lot of blood letting and distruction and gnashing of teeth in Peng castle and nothing good will come of it!

oh my!!

Mace

[ January 18, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by YK2:

Welcome Hellcat....

You like having yor ass handed to you on a plate eh?

Just make sure you have something witty to say on your arrival as Mace will be waiting for you.

Hellcat,

Ignore these two realworld wannabe's, they're lost and can't find their way back to the sad and evil Peng thread.

Welcome to the forum.

KC

I gotta use tactics at last.
Yep. smile.gif

Not to badmouth the PG series, I love em'.

Ah.... the PG series (with a couple of exceptions :mad: !) has some of the best strategy games I've ever played.

Peng
You stand at the border... stay still, or cross over. It's time to make the choice between Good, and Silly. ;)

Originally posted by YECoyote:

... WEGO is the new wave now. WEGO adds a whole new realistic dimension to the game. I, for one, am very happy Battlefront is leading the way. ...

Excuse me. I have only been into wargames for less than two decades, and don't know that many games...

The first wargame I know to use WeGo is Johnny Reb (ACW). I don't know when it was first relesed, but it was around in the early-mid '70ies and the latest edition is still for sale.

Johnny Reb lent much of it's orders system to Command Decision (WW2) that was released around 1980 and later spawned into Combined Arms (Cold War era) and Over the Top (WW1).

It's worth to notice that all of these are miniature wargames though.

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YECoyote:

... WEGO is the new wave now. WEGO adds a whole new realistic dimension to the game. I, for one, am very happy Battlefront is leading the way. ...

Excuse me. I have only been into wargames for less than two decades, and don't know that many games...

The first wargame I know to use WeGo is Johnny Reb (ACW). I don't know when it was first relesed, but it was around in the early-mid '70ies and the latest edition is still for sale.

Johnny Reb lent much of it's orders system to Command Decision (WW2) that was released around 1980 and later spawned into Combined Arms (Cold War era) and Over the Top (WW1).

Cheers

Olle</font>

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YECoyote:

Cheers

Olle</font>