Mod talk

Now that 75% of my bmp's have been modded, I was wondering if anyone has been intrepid enough to produce a comprehensive list describing each series of bmp's. For example, if I wanted to fool around with my uniforms for the Wehrmacht in 45'and re-mod them, and instead of scrolling through my files to see who wears what and is placed in which bmp's is there a descriptive list? For example: Pz 38(t) early would read 12122-12130 [sic] and 151.. for the late model. Sure would come in handy.

Is there a site for mod feedback? I find it interesting how we playtest and review battles and ops but not mods. I have some mods that, although cool, have glaring errors. One that sticks out are my soviet slogans on my turrets. I have slogans on one side (the left) that are BACKWARDS! :mad: However, they still are too cool to change tongue.gif and I live with it--I always keep a right side camera angle. I am just hoping that we could provide effective feedback for the mod designers (my heroes all) in order to help them deliver a polished product just as we do with battle/op designers. With this feedback perhaps we can make requests? I am still searching for a dusty 251/1,camo MkIVH, and winter MkIVG, et al.

What do you think? I am a MOD MANIAC now (modders--it's ALL YOUR FAULT! :D ) and need some better organization. Am I alone in this?

I have had too many problems operating CMMOS (which is due to my severe lack of computer skills and NOT a critique in any way) so this is not the answer I am looking for. I am just looking for a thread where all we talk about are mods and bmps. Anyone? :confused:

Originally posted by tooz:

I have some mods that, although cool, have glaring errors. One that sticks out are my soviet slogans on my turrets. I have slogans on one side (the left) that are BACKWARDS!

Not really an error on the modders part. Since the left side is the right side mirrored. Nothing can be done to fix this problem. :( But hey, like you said, they still are kool looking. ;)

I have a list of uniform BMPs on my GD site, but I believe there is a complete listing included in the CMMOS download at CMHQ, though it is contained in dozens of little .txt files which you need to open one by one.

There was a terrific list compiled for CMBO, I too wish someone would sit down and do the same for CMBB, it would be a great help.

Thanks Mike and Merater for the feedback. I hope the new engine allows for two sided bmps, this would enable mooders to get more fancy (more is ALWAYS better). I wish there was a way the tanks could be numbered INDIVIDUALLY but I assume if that was possible it would be in the game now.

Mike, what am I doing wrong with your GD uni's, I DLed, copied and all, but the ALL of my '41 Germans were "promoted" and put on the GD uni's. :confused:

I reverted back but kept the files. I also noted that in "Schreiber's stand (great scenario)that these guys were NOT decked out in the GD uniform. :confused:

I experiment, fail, retry, then succeed. Any tips here on why I am having my GD problems would be appreciated. Great site too, by the way.

I found the mods I listed above, got 'em and they look great.

Last question, redface.gif anyone know of any scenarios that use those rare T-34/57s? I've never used these guys yet. I only mod those vehicles I use. When I see ANY original BFC AFVs (no offense BFC) I head for CMMODdatabase.

Cozog rules!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I have a list of uniform BMPs on my GD site, but I believe there is a complete listing included in the CMMOS download at CMHQ, though it is contained in dozens of little .txt files which you need to open one by one.

There was a terrific list compiled for CMBO, I too wish someone would sit down and do the same for CMBB, it would be a great help.

I went ahead and did this. I wrote a batch file that parsed the contents of all those text files and created one large file with all the BMP numbers. Anybody interested?

Flesh, my hero! :D

How long did it take you to do That? It took me an hourt just to print out all 224 (I think, I lost count after 200) pages. I better run out and get another ink cartidge. Hey, excellent stuff--EXACTLY what I was looking for. Now I can organize my many, many folders. Outstanding!

tooz, it took me about an hour or so of tweaking to get the batch file to do it's stuff. I then spent about half an hour tidying up the text a bit with a text editor.

Michael, I mailed it to you too. I used the mail address in your profile. Did you get it?