Winter Matilda II mod preview

Originally posted by MikeT:

I do like the combination of whitewash and snow accumulation.

MikeT

Mike,

I'm still partial to keeping snow and whitewash as separate mods (the snow tends to show up better without the whitewash, but it's probably more "realistic" for the Russian winter this way.

Gordon

Mike,

Well, my sources show about as many vehicles with a reasonably uniform application of whitewash/white paint as those with a heavily worn appearance. I personally am not partical to many of the heavily worn mods as they look a little too random and "busy" to me (they tend to obscure a lot of the graphical details), but to each their own.

And of course if anyone wants to use the summer base textures for alternative winter/whitewashed mods, they are more than welcome to.

Gordon

[ April 08, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Very nice looking. Matilda's a bear to mod.

Let's hope the onging Matilda polygon tweaks in v1.03don't mess you up. I can show you a really nice Russian Churchill mod of mine that was based on the old CMBO 'legacy' polygon!

I also agree with Gordon on his 'white' whitewash technique. I've seen photos of some mighty pretty all white Russian vehicles. Far fewer German vehicles seemed to be all white. As for the whitewash eventually wearing out, who's to say the battle didn't take place just a couple days after the tank was painted?!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Very nice looking. Matilda's a bear to mod.

Yeah, it's been fun.

Let's hope the onging Matilda polygon tweaks in v1.03don't mess you up. I can show you a really nice Russian Churchill mod of mine that was based on the old CMBO 'legacy' polygon!

Not a problem, as I've been the one asking for them. smile.gif

I also agree with Gordon on his 'white' whitewash technique. I've seen photos of some mighty pretty all white Russian vehicles. Far fewer German vehicles seemed to be all white. As for the whitewash eventually wearing out, who's to say the battle didn't take place just a couple days after the tank was painted?!

Always good to hear other opinions.

Gordon