Operation Design Troubleshooter

I'm having some trouble with an operation I'm designing. Is anyone who has experience designing operations interested in taking a look at it?

The situation is an uprising behind the front line in occupied Czechoslovakia in Sept. 44.

My trouble is with getting reinforcements to arrive in a logical place.

Reply here please... email will probably end up in spam filter. Thanks!!!

OK. I don't think that there's any real chance of getting the AI to behave exactly how you want it to in an Op for this scenario.

As a two-player map it might work, but the AI is programmed to fight convential battles. I'd consider making the AI the defender, but starting the Germans (Human player, attacker) in possession of the flags. The AI will then counter-attack to regain the flags.

a bit of a fudge might be in order:

Given that you can't set exit points in an Op, the trucks are a bit unnecessary - you could simply abstract it and fight for control of the road, marked by flags. Keeping the roads between flags would be vital to keep units further down the pass supplied with fresh troops/ammunition as cut-off troops will not get new ammo - perhaps a few trucks/halftrack to ferry fresh troops to reinforce these locations could be included to represent resupply.

If the AI is defending, you are likely to have troops cut off, I think.

The AI is setting up on corners of open ground and slopes atop the mountains. (Slopes seem to override all other terrain types, so you can set up on water slopes)

Hope this helps - it really is a pain getting Ops to do what you want, but it's worth it when it works.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think this is a wash. Too bad... I put a lot of time in this. But I learned a few things.

Yes, as a two player map, this would work well. But I think I will put it aside for now instead of putting the effort into balancing for humans.

Perhaps a similar situation with different terrain.

thanks again