About the pre-planned artillery

The game´s manual say:

"During the orders phase for turn 1 of a battle (and ONLY then), each FO is able to call in for a pre-planned artillery bombardment which will commence without any delay at a specific point in time during the battle, to simulate a pre-planned bombardment on known or suspected enemy positions or part of an established fire plan. The default is for the bombardment to begin immediately, but a player can specify a later turn for this

preplanned bombardment to begin by using the Q key. Each time you press the key, 1 turn is added to the delay. This pre-planned fire starts at the first second of the turn specified (including turn 1), and is always accurate - see

below: Accuracy."

Well i´ll try this a lot of time ago but it doesnt work i dont know why... no in first turn or second or setup.....

I dont use artillery frecuently for that this is no problem for me.... but i have some curiosity:

Does anybody use this?? Work?? How?? I use a art. spotter in first turn set an area target and the game delay me 10-15 mins. at least....well what was my error??

THX

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Pre-planned arty barrages only work in attack/assault battles, not in meeting engagements.

And they work fine, I might add...

They work fine for a human player. The AI won't do them unless it has an enemy vehicle in LOS on turn 1. And there is no way a scenario designer can designate a pre-planned arty barrage for the AI side...

I've complained about this before. For me, it's the biggest bug/omission in CMBB.

Originally posted by Hans:

One devious way to out wit the AI to fire a barrage, place an forward observer in such a place that it can see a truck sitting on top of a TRP-normally the AI will open up on that.

Not a great solution but the only one I've found so far.

Yes, and in some scenarios that's okay. But if I want to design a scenario in which my forces are defending a fortified position (e.g. bunkers, trenches), it is silly to have to place a TRUCK right in the middle in order to make the AI launch a pre-planned barrage on the position...

If it's too much trouble to program the AI to decide on its own when/where to launch a barrage, then at least give the scenario designer an opportunity to designate it in the editor.

CBB