What kind of units benefit from the HQ team's combat bonus?

Like the other guy say, ALL assets.

Even a scrub no bonus leader helps reduce delays.

I try usually give the AT guns good leadership.

I like 2 ? and a heart and lightning bolt.

Maxe 'em hard to spot, they hit good and don't get pinned down as easy.

I like to keep morarts under control of a 2 star leader. If u dont know about leaders spotting for mortars, I suggest u go read about it now.

With 2 stars the mortar can be well away from the

potetially spotted leader. That way when coutner battery fire comes, it will be less effective.

[ March 23, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Oh. My bad.

Hmm, with combat bonus, unit will hit on the target more often. ATG and such that is.

Mortars and indirect fire I dont know if it has any effect at all.

Check the spread pattern with double bolt commander versus no commander.

[ March 23, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

I do recall a thread about this a long time ago about cmbo. As was determined no mortars or guns get a firepower(lighting bolt) bonus from the HQ thats in command of them. The command(star) bonus increases the ROF of the guns and mortars, i think. Also, though im sure everyone knows about this, the command bonus makes the arty delay times shorter.

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

No, the command "star" bonus does not increase the ROF of field guns either (tried it with ZIS 76,2mm guns), nor does it reduce the firing delay when calling artillery missions.

The star DEFINITELY reduces FO arty delay in CMBO.

I did *many* tests that way. You may not see it initially. The effect was observed over time.

An uncommanded regular FO with an orignal firing delay of 2 minutes would typcially fire in 3-4 minutes.

A double star commanded regular FO with an inital delay of 2 minutes would often actually start firing in 1 to 1.5 minutes. I bet this still holds somewhat true in CMBB.

I bet one of Star or Bolts DO increase ROF of mortars in *area fire* roll. Again, it definitely did in CMBO.

Feild guns in an area fire roll, I dont know.