Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

*MODS* WIP what do you think?

I am in the process of messing about with kingfishers white washed mods.

He asked me to dirty them up but i seem to have got carried away.

i need to know if people like this style or not.As i will carry on and finish them if you want.The tiger i have dirtied up but the puma is just worn whitewash at the moment(not had time to dirty it up yet.

Be aware that these are both WIP at the moment.

pside.jpg

ptop.jpg

tside.jpg

top.jpg

So should i carry on or what smile.gif

Gautrek, I have all of your mods, and think they are terrific. You and Mr. Noobie have led the way in making realistic-looking mods.

Personally, I don't like the winter look shown above. It doesn't look realistic to me. I prefer the look where there are bits of snow accumulated on the top, fenders, wheels, etc. The basic tank shape and coloring are still visible. There's more texture to appreciate, especially when the surroundings are white.

I've downloaded mods that look like this, but I can't identify who did them right now. I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks again for all your excellent work.

I certainly suggest continuing as I don't think the solid white mods look good or are realistic (even as I use them :D )

I also like the accumulated snow look but very few seem to be done. I like a mixture rather than a uniform look so these would find a welcome place in my mods folder

I like what you've done here Gautrek, particularly on the Puma!

re: Solid white/rusty mods and realism:

I did find authentication for the manner and form of the KT mod I did and I put it on this thread. All the other mods I did in that style/format were simply an extension of that first mod, and so are not based in reality, etc. Sorry they're not what some of you like.

and finally, in further news:

per Gautrek's request, I started work on some 'hasty' camo for the 222 and 223:

222.jpg

222b.jpg

223.jpg

Are these more to everyone's liking? More 'realistic'?

Zimorodok

Originally posted by jdmorse:

Zimorodock....Actually they strike me as some of the "best" hasty style mods. I am a great believer in diversity of choice here. The more different styles the better since there is no one right way

thanks! They are based on this image Gautrek sent me. I have a little more work to do and then I'll post 'em.

11002.jpg

I'm going to see if I can't get that "paint-splatter-cuz-the-Ivans-are-coming" look.

Zimorodok

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

I agree. I like the way all of these are headed.

Zim, do you have the actual addresses for those reference sites you showed pics from in the other thread

Thanks & Thanks

strt

For the KT? Use these: courtesy of MikeT

http://www.cofe.ru:8000/adition/camm/imgprosessor.php

http://www.tigertank-h-e-181.com/index.htm

http://www.panzer-vi.fsnet.co.uk/index.html

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tigers.htm

Zimorodok

You know whats striking about the above picture?Look at how well it blends in with the background,especially at a distance.I dont know if that was a "hasty" or just plain smart.Based on the surroundings,it would blend in better than a solid white vehicle.IMO

Zim,

Slap a little more white on them puppies,and they be bad :D

[ April 18, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: nevermind ]

Sorry to hijack your thread Guatrek!

i posted updated versions of these two armored cars on cmmods.com

222_2.jpg

back on topic: Gautrek, I was wondering if it was possible to dirty up the original camo, whitewash it and then dirty/dusty it again. On the Puma the original camo (factory-fresh) has a very different 'finish' than the whitewash and that looks a mite strange to me.

Zimorodok

[ April 18, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Zimorodok ]

Originally posted by Zimorodok:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jdmorse:

Zimorodock....Actually they strike me as some of the "best" hasty style mods. I am a great believer in diversity of choice here. The more different styles the better since there is no one right way

thanks! They are based on this image Gautrek sent me. I have a little more work to do and then I'll post 'em.

11002.jpg

I'm going to see if I can't get that "paint-splatter-cuz-the-Ivans-are-coming" look.

Zimorodok </font>

Originally posted by Zimorodok:

Sorry to hijack your thread Guatrek!

i posted updated versions of these two armored cars on cmmods.com

back on topic: Gautrek, I was wondering if it was possible to dity up the original camo, whitewash it and then dirty/dusty it again. On the Puma the original camo (factory-fresh) has a very different 'finish' than the whitewash and that looks a mite strange to me.

Zimorodok

i will have a look at it with my dusty version that i started a few months ago.I had put unit markings on the turret so i will stick this under the white wash for you and see what it looks like .

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Personally, I don't like the winter look shown above. It doesn't look realistic to me. I prefer the look where there are bits of snow accumulated on the top, fenders, wheels, etc.

I would try to add snow and stuff but i don't know how to do it.But i will have ago for you.

Originally posted by gautrek:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lawyer:

Personally, I don't like the winter look shown above. It doesn't look realistic to me. I prefer the look where there are bits of snow accumulated on the top, fenders, wheels, etc.

I would try to add snow and stuff but i don't know how to do it.But i will have ago for you. </font>

I believe Gordon Molek (GEM) is the guy who really got the 'Snowed on' look down with some of his winter Mods for BO. I plan to check some of those out when (if) I get to winterfying my couple of Mods to see how he approached it.

Thanks for the links, Zim. I'm trying to find to find any interesting markings or colors for any T-26 lineage vehicle used by any Army in BB, as they are my little 'mission' right now.

Gautrek, have you dusted up any scratch-built Mods using the original layers yet? Thought I saw it being referred to. I would be interested in seeing that.

strt