Tiger ricochets on T-34 at 140m

Tiger and T-34 standing off each other face to face, almost directly head on. Tiger has elevation advantage.

From the armor statistics of the T-34, the only place on the entire body possible for ricochet would be the turret (70mm curved). At 140m though chances of that are REALLY slim, considering the AP I used penetrates almost 15-25mm more than that. The Tiger was Regular and had shot beforehand and missed (at 140m no less). My third and final shot brewed the tank so badly there were no survivors.

Did I just witness an act of god, poor ammunition or some other factor? Both me and my opponent were completely baffled. Tiger VIE vs T-34 Flame Tank ('42? '43?)

Never mind, I read the stats completely backwards. Penetration at 60' degrees is 61mm, not 91mm. versus curved 70mm armor it had no chance.

Or would a tank facing completely forward be considered 0 degrees? You'd be facing the turret completely flat...?

[ April 22, 2005, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: securityguard ]

Curved turret front means there isn't one angle but lots of them. A separate determination is made, randomly, of the slope actually encountered. Typically you get a result close to the 30 degree line, in the case of a T-34 turret front - but sometimes it will be flat, and sometimes it will be 60 degrees. (What the actual mix of possible angles is, varies from vehicle type to vehicle type. A Jadgpanther's "curved" isn't the same as a T-34's turret front).