Who designed the user interface for the CM series?

I did most of the initial UI design for both CMBO and CMBB, with lots of input from Charles and later others.

The basic way we went about it was deciding what bits of information we had to display, then figuring out how they could be displayed. This was really tough with CMBO because of the 640x480 min resolution requirements. For CMBB we had a lot more flexibility and that resulted in more creativity. What I mean by that is after all the "must have" stuff was taken care of we actually had extra space to play with. This resulted in me figuring out how to utilize the space to the best effect from the user's perspective. This included the Gun Rack, the Terrain/Unit profile, expanded display of special weapons, and the Weather profile.

The camera movement controls for CMBO were basic and obvious. With CMBB we incorporated requests to expand mouse control of the camera. This is something fairly common for FPS games so it was an obvious one we should cater to. We basically kept the CMBO controls but added the rotate ability.

Uhmm... I think that about covers it smile.gif

Steve