in praise of the T70.

hallelujah.

i've not been playing CM long. i've been playing the soviets & usually went for the straight T34 ticket. however a little bit of experimentation with the T70 & i'm sold.

it's CHEAP, it's got enough armour to be useful, the gun does what you need it to, it's fast AND they've got a radio.

last night as part of an experiment (against the AI) i rushed 8 of them over the map. it turned out there where several light tanks & 3 stugs there. the T70's took several hits (including a side turret hit from a Stug at 40m) & shrugged them off. they totalled the lights & where instumental in turning the Stugs for the following T34's.

so, for now, they're my favorite tank.

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

I agree, they are damn good tanks with incredible armour.

Correction, incredible turret armor. The hull is much weaker, but the turret can take a real beating. I just got done using some in a QB where they sirvived multiple 50mm/L60 hits to the front turret.

And yes, the radio is a real life saver in 42' and early 43' before the bulk of T-34s get radios.

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

I agree, they are damn good tanks with incredible armour.

Correction, incredible turret armor. The hull is much weaker, but the turret can take a real beating. I just got done using some in a QB where they sirvived multiple 50mm/L60 hits to the front turret.

And yes, the radio is a real life saver in 42' and early 43' before the bulk of T-34s get radios.