Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

strategy guide and other stuff

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

and now the other stuff

why are the russian ap rounds so bad compared to the german ap's?

Frustrating, isn't it? I mean, you might as well throw glass marbles at the tanks for all the effect they have.

I've read that the Russian 7.62 mm AT guns weren't considered bad AT guns, but the poor quality of the poorly manufactured AP rounds makes using them just another means of getting crews killed quickly.

And congratulations on a rather disturbing screen name.

Unless, of course, it's simply the name of another German or SS Officer that I've never encountered in my readings.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I've read that the Russian 7.62 mm AT guns weren't considered bad AT guns, but the poor quality of the poorly manufactured AP rounds makes using them just another means of getting crews killed quickly.

I believe that particular AT gun was nicknamed "the peashooter" gun based on its miniscule calibre.

Regards

Jim R.

thanks for the replies

but what i don't understand is why even in the later stages of the war the velocity of the russian rounds are lower than the germans, you would think that they would improve it.

I've also noticed that the lend and lease shermans

have better ap cap. so why not use their shells?

can you guys tell me moreAnd congratulations on a rather disturbing screen name.

-------------------------------------------

Unless, of course, it's simply the name of another German or SS Officer that I've never encountered in my readings.

------------------------------------------------

nope it's just disturbing