Sharpshooter ammo bug?

Hi,

I used sharpshooters for the first time in CMBB (at least I looked for the first time close at them while they were at work) and I noticed that they did not use ammo.

This was a russian elite sharpshooter. He had 11 ammo at the start of the turn. During the turn he fired several times (4 - 6 times) at enemy squads (they hit the dirt due to this each time). First it sounded like 2 or 3 shots each time he fired (not a bug perse, but a change from CMBO that I had not notixced before) and second his ammo count did NOT go down.

I did a search, and it has been noted before (under the titel "Another bug ? - Sharpshooters", somewhere in oktober), but there has been no answer if this is correct or indeed a bug.

Nb. This is in version 1.01, but I did find no mention of it in the read me for version 1.02.

Bertram

Originally posted by Bertram:

Hi,

I used sharpshooters for the first time in CMBB (at least I looked for the first time close at them while they were at work) and I noticed that they did not use ammo.

This was a russian elite sharpshooter. He had 11 ammo at the start of the turn. During the turn he fired several times (4 - 6 times) at enemy squads (they hit the dirt due to this each time). First it sounded like 2 or 3 shots each time he fired (not a bug perse, but a change from CMBO that I had not notixced before) and second his ammo count did NOT go down.

I did a search, and it has been noted before (under the titel "Another bug ? - Sharpshooters", somewhere in oktober), but there has been no answer if this is correct or indeed a bug.

Nb. This is in version 1.01, but I did find no mention of it in the read me for version 1.02.

Bertram

I've noticed the same thing. It seems sharpshooters have the ability to suppress without consuming ammo.

Well certainly the prescence of snipers would act as a supressive effect...?

I noticed their ammo does go down, but not on a 1 for 1 bullet rate as in CMBO... which I like btw.. I dont know about all the time but when I played Lonely Country as Axis my sniper ran outta ammo after awhile...

The range was about 100 mtrs (much closer and the sharpshooters are very reluctant to engage). I can live with a lower ammo expenditure, but shooting its sidearm looks not logical to me. I mean, it seems unlikely that he lugs two rifles with him doesn't it? (and even 50 mtrs is a bit much for pistol range).

But it seems unlogical that the use of ammo is moddeled as "one ammo for each use" (burst, salvo or shot) for all units, except for the sharpshooter.

Bertram