An All-New ÜberMOD for...

... Über-Finns!!! smile.gif Ready NOW at The Best CM Mod Website EVER!

Includes two different uniform sets: "Summer" (similar to stock CMBB art) and "Winter" wool tunics. (Please note that Winter!=snow; those are coming:))

New features include: Hungarian helmets with correct features (rivet placement, hanger loop, apple-green color); improved officer's cap with blue and white cockade; all-new field gear, including accurate Finnish breadbag, WW1 German mess kit, and puukko knife (which, contrary to popular belief, was primarily used by Finnish troops just to whittle the toothpicks used to disable Soviet heavy tanks. ;) ).

I know you all want to see some pix:

finn1.jpg

finn_back.jpg

Detail of new field gear. Note the hanger loop on helmet brim.

finn_detail.jpg

Detail showing puukko.

finn_lt.jpg

finn_cpt.jpg

Yeah... I do make most of my mods with CMMOS in mind. Of course with MikeT around to do all the work, it's pretty easy :D .

Also, anyone have a GOOD picture of Finnish snow camouflage? I need something that shows the structure and construction details of the garments. Post 'em here or e-mail them to me. Thanks! smile.gif

Originally posted by illo:

Awesome! Awesome!

Authentic looking finnish troops with knife and all!

Thank you.

Well, you HAVE to have the knife! Apparently Finnish bayonets from the period are pretty scarce today because the first thing soldiers would do is throw them away and carry their own puukkos instead. At least that's what I gather from the research I did for this mod. smile.gif

Nice! smile.gif I just finished the scenario called "Lake Lagoda" using the Finns. My Finns took and held the "Road of Life" on the frozen lake. As i was playing i thought whether a certain uber uniform modder had done the Finns yet. A day later he releases this. Your a day late. Haha :D Great mod Andrew. Thanks again.

MrNoobie, I game Andrew that link some time ago. I was hoping to entice him into doing some more exotic Russian summer clothing.

Also, when I get the Finns done I will email you a copy for your inspection.

I also have the Russian Uniform ruleset done, only need one change. When it is done I will email that as well. I would like you opinion.

MikeT