Need suggestions for plan of attack! (pics in post)

Originally posted by Tiredboots:

Because you asked some very good players to hand you a victory on a platter without your opponent's knowledge. Riding crop=horse whip.

Preposterous! With that logic I shant for study for a test again because I will be asking for the answers on a platter, while my less motivated peers will have to work with what solely know.

Erik

If you are intent upon attacking across that open area I recomend that you not just rely upon smoke to both cover and ease your advance. You are going to have to soften the enemy up enough through winning fire dominance, or at least having engaged heavily in a firefight to your advantage. You have the means to do it with the KT, the 2 StugH's and LMG equipt rifle squads and company heavy weapons.

You might want to move up your left assault groups to their jumping off positions quietly and hold off on the smoke coverred crossing attempt for awhile while you engage the enemy in a direct firefight. This is so you can disrupt some of your opponent's squads integrity and make then easier for your assault troops to deal with later. Also by waiting a few minutes more it gives your firebase the time to KO any of the Russian armour that they get the opportunity to take out. Hopefully this can be done to your advantange but in enough time before any Russian spotter team or two gets a fix on your firebase units.

I also agree with Jason C about getting the 'Pinke' group on the right a little more to the left. Certainly have them move close to their position at or near "C" flag, but think about placing them so they can both win their own firefight and also fire across the double road highway abit and add their firepower into your opponent's left flank at some point. I would also take all of your snipers along within the 'Pinke' group both to recon to the front & right front of point "C" but also to have in defilade / enfilade firing positions behind the mini platoon. from here snipers should have effective firing positions, IMO.

All the best, but I still prefer your orrigional plan of attacking on the right, because of the advantage of using a coverred approach and because it consentrates your assaulting force all together in one assault.

[ January 13, 2006, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]