all Combat mission needs

it lacks an actual campaign. I mean where you fight your battles and move on to fight others with the same troops. I was totally expecting that not operations or just individual battles. first game like this i can think of without campaigns.

like talonsoft's campaign series is what i'm saying. i want to love my troops... :( it's depressing just fighting a battle then the "look at map" view is the last thing you ever see of them. i guess its kind of too late now.

another thing, i'd like to see a visual representing the unit when i'm selecting them for a random battle or for the editor. who wouldn't? it may not seem like much but it makes it more appealing to gamers. most people who play combat mission seem to be weird people.. :(

Its the best combat sim there is, but Combat Mission would be a whole lot more successful with simple campaigns. it may not be very practical considering the size of the game already but if it could be done, think about how much it would improve the game. and if you dont believe that theres something wrong with you.

btw just kidding about the weird ppl tongue.gif

I dont think the "keep troops" is a good idea.

The thing I love in CM is that I NEVER save and load. I alway try to win the scenario whatever happens.

The satisfaction is much bigger if you win, despite the fact that I made a big mistake at the start of the battle.

But if you keep the troops (like in Panzer General) it will be a quicksave/load orgy. "Oh my super 5Star killer SSunit is dead *load*"

But I have full confidence in BFC team. If they will make a campaign system, they´ll do it right. smile.gif

talking about talonsoft (divided ground, east front or western front, i have these 3), computer cannot autodeploy units in editor. In campaigns, deploy randomly, without to get benefits from terrain or villages. Man, do you want to say that in talonsoft games, you can experience better the art of war with a poor AI, than in CM games? You are fool.

Originally posted by SchnellerHeinz:

I dont think the "keep troops" is a good idea.

The thing I love in CM is that I NEVER save and load. I alway try to win the scenario whatever happens.

The satisfaction is much bigger if you win, despite the fact that I made a big mistake at the start of the battle.

But if you keep the troops (like in Panzer General) it will be a quicksave/load orgy. "Oh my super 5Star killer SSunit is dead *load*"

But I have full confidence in BFC team. If they will make a campaign system, they´ll do it right. smile.gif

Of course, one can do that right now, so your logic is flawed.

You can create a 'keep troops' like idea in a few linked scenarios. In operations you'll have a 'keep your troops' in a small way.

If the designer splits up a regiment onto a couple of scenario's you'll get a 'kind of keep your troops' on a operational scale like the moves in Panzer General.

However on a larger scale the designing of CM battles becomes an unreachable task. Creating such large enviroments takes a life time when you're working with CM's scale.

And beleive me I know. The 200 km2 we need to create for a campaign in development will take us a year. Thinking about research, writing briefings, designing, map making and most of all build a campign system (soon to be released).

Compared to other games I find CM serious enough. It's not a shooter. It's very relaxing because of the breaks, but still exiting because you never missed a thing of the whole god d@#mn battle smile.gif