New winter tree bases and scattered tree bases

Hi Ed. Nice work buddy! Are there winter textures for the pine trees? I haven't noticed any snow covered pines in the game, or found any mods. Anyone know?

Again great work Ed. You have definately found your forte I think.

Mord

Originally posted by Mord:

Hi Ed. Nice work buddy! Are there winter textures for the pine trees? I haven't noticed any snow covered pines in the game, or found any mods. Anyone know?

Again great work Ed. You have definately found your forte I think.

Mord

Thanks Mord, welcome back.

There are snow covered pines that come with the game, as well as the ones in my winter tree mod at http://www.cmmods.com/

I think the temperature has to be frozen or extreme cold before those trees show up.

[ January 18, 2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Tanks a Lot ]

I've got the LO-RES version of all your CMBB tree mods ( they're all great - thank you ). I figured that I should get the lower resolution ones as they may help to improve scrolling & frame rate in heavily wooded areas. I'm running the game in 800x600 at 85MHz ( I had tried it at 1024x768 but I was getting problems with the above mentioned forested areas & scrolling ). I've also reduced the visible horizon in these areas. Will these measures help much? I've got a P4 2.0GHz, 64 MB Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 420 card. I know that this isn't the Tech Support forum but I felt that this is related to the topic: trees & tree bases.

[ January 19, 2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I've got the LO-RES version of all your CMBB tree mods ( they're all great - thank you ). I figured that I should get the lower resolution ones as they may help to improve scrolling & frame rate in heavily wooded areas. I'm running the game in 800x600 at 85MHz ( I had tried it at 1024x768 but I was getting problems with the above mentioned forested areas & scrolling ). I've also reduced the visible horizon in these areas. Will these measures help much? I've got a P4 2.0GHz, 64 MB Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 420 card. I know that this isn't the Tech Support forum but I felt that this is related to the topic: trees & tree bases.

Thanks Rob.

The low-res versions will help a little.(that's why I made them). Low-res grass mods should help too. I don't notice much difference in quality between high and low-res grass anyway. It looks like you have a pretty powerful system, (faster than mine) so you shouldn't have to sacrifice too much detail. Reducing the amount of trees "shift T" helps quite a bit in heavily wooded areas.

[ January 19, 2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Tanks a Lot ]

Just a curiousity.. does anyone know if the selection of game zone has an effect on how the tree bases are chosen in the game? Didn't notice it in the manual... but it makes more geographic sense to have a denser coniferous forest in the north and more deciduous in the south.

Great new trees, by the way!