Bizarre LOS glitch. Maybe bug.

I do not use the word bug lightly and I only hope that someone can throw some light on this matter.

If I give a brief description of the situation and events perhaps someone can comment whether this is likely to be a bug or not.

In an ongoing city based tournament game a Marder positioned on overwatch down a road between large heavy buildings targetted a Russian truck with it's main gun as it came up the road. Sensibly the truck decided to be else where and turned off sharpish behind other buildings. The LOS was briefly lost but then the Marder strangely reaquired the truck and started tracking and targetting the passenger 45mm AT gun and engaging it through 3 or 4 large heavy buildings, a large light building plus a small building. The Marder resolutely fired at the target all shells naturally detonating in the wall of the nearest building - a few metres ahead of it. Frankly I have never seen anything like this as normally 1 large building cannot be seen through let alone 4 or 5. Anyone ever experienced anything even remotely like this or able to offer plausible explanations?

I have retained the view/plot file if BTS would care to replay it and will email it, and the password naturally ;) , if requested.

My final comment is this. If this is a bug, and I think it is, can it be named after me?

Doodlebugii Spotticus does have a certain ring to it :D

Genuinely baffled and bemused.

Comments?

Madmatt should come along shortly and ask you to email him the SAVE game file.

(whisper mode on)

Sounds like a bug to me.

(whisper mode off)

Especially how you state that the marder kept on shooting, even though the LOS should have been blocked. And the rounds kept hitting the first building blocking the LOS.

Madmatt will be along shortly. smile.gif

Gpig

I have often seen tanks that I have selected (i.e. unit information shown in bottom screen bar) during the movie phase maintain a target line to units that have disappeared behind buildings.

When I check LOS during the orders phase, with the target line still there, it shows that the tank has no LOS. The target line disappears as soon as the next movie begins.

So although in my case the tanks don't fire, it might be a related problem with sticky target lines.

I've seen that also, I've seen tracking of a moving target through a non LOS area and back out into a clear LOS (which seems realistic to me in as much as the gunner would do just that), and I've seen LOS go through the edges/corners of buildings when I thought a unit safe. But I have to admit, I have not seen anything quite like he is describing.