Capturing a SturmTiger

" It blew a hole in the ground near me the size of a tank."

That's it? A Sturmtiger's 38cm shell hit the ground next to his M4 amid a battailon of infantry and all that happened was it created a large hole in the ground? Rather unimpressive...

"The German tank crew as it turned out were Schutzstaffel (Waffen SS) dressed in black uniforms. One of them was wearing a GI sweater and combat boots. During questioning at battalion headquarters he said he obtained the clothes at Malmedy, Belgium (where a German armored unit killed defenseless American prisoners). I do not know if he made it back to the PW cage but I suspect not."

Black uniforms? Maybe he didn't know that the Panzertruppe generally wore black uniforms...

OK, so our Sturmtiger-crew were members of the Waffen-SS. And since they apparently got involved in the Malmedy massacre (bloody bastards) they even were members of the elite LSSAH, since part of that unit was responsible for the massacre.

Strange, because neither the LSSAH nor the Waffen-SS at all were equipped with Sturmtigers...

:rolleyes:

I'd take that report with a grain of salt...

I totally agree with you Para. Was waiting for a post like yours. The story sounded fishy to me too. Also, how the hell would a tank crewman know what was said in the interrogation of the Sturmtiger crewmen back at battalion HQ?

Although i still like the very short video clip of it firing.