Problem with HQ-Mortar combo

Buenos dias:

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I did a search but found nothing tackling this issue. I have a battery of three British 3" in C&C of an elite (+2 on Everything) HQ. Now this HQ has LOS to only one side of a building that I wholeheartedly want to blow up. LOS tool shows Building Area Fire tag (admittedly at the edge), the three gold lines are all locked on target...but not a single shot is fired . I am a bit baffled as to what went on. Do heavy weapons need a set-up time as in CMBB? (I moved the mortars to get in C&C the turn before. Thx in advance.

Mortars (and other crewed weapons) do have a setup time. Select the mortars and have a look; it should mention the setup time if that is in fact the problem.

Other issues might include minimum / maximum range and whether or not the HQ is unhidden, but if those were the problem I don't think the game would even let you target the building.

I should have been clearer, I was referring to CMBO (hence the British 3"). Target is past minimun range and HQ is not hidden (although this does not matter in CMBO IIRC ) and I could AREA TARGET the building although the spotting HQ could see just a side , not the whole of it. Anyway I guess set-up time is modeled internally for big mortars and it is not shown on screen as it is in CMBB. but it definitely pissed me off as I counted on the boys to do their job .THX for the reply

• 2 weeks later...

Buenos dias:

Dear tiny slimey pond dweller (aka Louie the Toad) smile.gif : It did work eventually , there is definitely a set-up time modeled for mortars, after a while into following turn they started lobbing shells at the target.

To Tomik: the mortars were in woods and no house was in between them and target, I disagree on movement not affecting as per mentioned above.

To Sargento Garcia: ¡Deberías ser degradado a cabo por falta de atención!, estaba hablando de morteros a pie smile.gif

thanks to all for your answers

[ March 12, 2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Belico adalid ]