CMBB newbie

Just bought this game the other day and I am amazed at how it looks. The perfect wargame. I graduated from Steel Panthers.

Just wondering how easy it is to design a scenario. Or an operation. I'd like to design a scenario sometime based on that Stalingrad movie.

My first random battle I was the Germans in a small village winter battle and some T-34 blasted my tank and my anti-tank gun. Not sure what to do but I'll do better next time. Need to read up on artillery. This game is the only wargame.

I think that I'll order the strategy guide.

Anyway hope that this is a friendly forum for newbies.

cliff smile.gif

Hi, and welcome!

I was grown up by Steel Panthers as well. Moving on to Combat Mission was a great experience, you're gonna love it.

Designing scenarios is not that hard, but you will need some more experience with the game itself to have a good feel of what works. But don't be shy, just go to the editor and fool around a bit. Play a scenario, then open it in the editor.

Cliff,

Welcome to the Best Wargame on the Market and the best forum on the net. Here you will be able to learn every thing you ever wanted to know about whether the Russian 100mm gun performed better in the rain than the German 88.

You be posed questions like "If the Germans had lazer beams in 1943 could they have won the war?" And so, so much more.

Welcome to the community.

DavidI

Hi clifford, and welcome to the forums. You might find that after a while you will want a bit more of a challenge, that's when you need to start playing PBEM's with other humans. Believe me, there is no other way to play Combat Mission. smile.gif

Oh, and whenever you're ready for a PBEM, just drop me a line. smile.gif

Originally posted by clifford1944:

[QB] Just wondering how easy it is to design a scenario. Or an operation. I'd like to design a scenario sometime based on that Stalingrad movie. QUOTE]

Not sure which scene you may be talking about... but go to The Scenario Depot and search under the CMBB battles. Look for "Stalingrad The Moviescene." This is a very good short little battle. Enjoy... and welcome.

Hey thanks for all the posts. Got the right game and the right forum.

I downloaded some operations from one of your folks posts above. I'll get them installed.

The battle I want to do is when gg and the movie main Germans are trying to hold off some Russian armour in a snow battle.

Thanksgiving is taking a toll on time for the moment. Still trying to learn the system better. Hopefully in a week or two.

thanks, cliff