Okay you long-winded tacticians, sound off here on halftracks

Generally speaking , I find HT's are excellent to "buddy up" with vehicles like Elefants/Nashorns, as they give the TD's much needed close fire support in the event of infantry assault and can act as a "scout" for purposes of line of sight for the TD before exposing it to hostile fire. smile.gif

Scouting is a very good use for the smaller HTs and M3 Scout cars (which are very similar to HT's in game)

As these can carry infantry and are fast, you can use them well in the cavalry scout role by mounting a sharpshooter or tank hunter team in them.

They can then be used to race between cover, where the scouts dismount and check the area for ATGs and infantry concentrations. The route cleared can then be used for a dash through with an HT mounted platoon.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to use at least one platoon as mobile recon forces using HT's. And as somone posted earlier, I like to get into an assault position with them, and unload the troops right on them, by using advance/assault orders as they disembark. HT's are a must for me, indispensable.

PS- 105mm FO's aren't THAT bad!! LOL