Whittnman, Villers Bocage, in CMBO, help??

It took me several tries.

*Spoiler*

Move fast initially. When the reinforcements arrive, try to engage at long range, but don't try to do a standup battle against the British. The Fireflies can kill you, and so can the 95mm Cromwell.

You want to maximize your range advantage, the experience advantage for first shot kills (range does that because the first shot kill chance of the Brits is less). Also, with range, you get to keep your front armor toward all enemies and are less susceptible to being out-maneuvered.

Nit: 2 of 3 games the PzIV arrives in LOS of the British reinforcements and gets toasted immediately. I think the reinforcement location in the scenario is a bit off.

Finally, don't feel too bad if you lose a Tiger or 3. Wittman's Tiger in the historic battle was knocked out, but he escaped capture afterwards.

[ February 06, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: tar ]

I personally move really fast at the begining,I am raiding actually and try to cause as much infantry casualities and destroyed halftracks/small tanks as possible,but after 8 or 10 turns I withdraw and try to get a good possition to face the med and heavy tanks and the reinforcements.

A good idea is to stick your side at a building,so as to be protected somehow and of course close street fighting is sevirely prohibited!

Ending,if you want to protect your reinforcements(the Pz IV or the Panther,witch looks at the street)you can simply throw some smoke 2 turns before the enemy arrives... ;)

Wittmanns-Bocage! (Subtitle: Tigers in the chicken yard!)

When i played this op, i almost always spent most time on the first move.. as mention above, you have on one hand,TIGERs with the chicken, and on the other, these cromwell and fireflys that push you easely back to PUSSY. So my point is.. make it a yard!OUTER YARD: think about one or two tigers, throwing smoke at the end of the road. They will try to get into shooting positions to help the halftracks, there your barrel lurk IN YARD: Make each tiger a list in mind, which target is number one, which is two..and so on..

oh, and use your infantry in the township like little fork you peak into the rear of the brits-tanks,.. at the right moment, they will target the infantry first, or search cover against your backstabbing...this can save a tiger!

(at least, don`t give well-expierenced units to much orders! they made sometimes the best moves(fatality-moves!!!!) when i shut my mouth and let them do...and.. think alike a rotten wolf pack..you`re the hunter, not the prey!)

i forgot.. i had the feeling that the "belovable" tigers armour can suffer much more without severe damage, if it moves reverse! to the target firing at him, then moving forward, in-to the target...(Hunt/Jagen-Order)[remind: Tigers are,ANYHOW! 42-43 TECH-LEVEL Not 44!]

please, always tell me if i`m wrong, me wanna learn! smile.gif